Friday, July 24, 2009

Family Issues

I just cannot believe how long it's been since I've written anything. Maybe that's because I've been just so busy doing every day living. Jim has been in and out of the hospital at least six times since last year, each time getting weaker and weaker, and he never does gain back his energy levels. We have had visiting nurses, the lab people, and now today, the physical therapy people came out. Oh sure, he does everything while they are here, and the minute they leave, so do his good intentions. I'm certainly hoping beyond hope this time that things will turn around.

Jim's son died this past Monday/Tuesday. We don't know for sure what the problem is - Jim's ex-wife, daughter, son are all so close mouthed about things. We may never know - and I for one, don't know if I truly want to know. Jim (deceased) was 45 years old - and what's so ironic is that his wife died exactly two years ago the same date. I think he died of a broken heart. Jim was such a sweet boy - I always called him a boy, and my son also, who is 41. He loved his wife so much that it was just so hard for him to be without her. So, he is being cremated and placed next to Felicia. I know this is not what Ms. Felicia wanted for him, but she wasn't here to ying/yang with him. He will truly be missed. He was the only one of Jim's family that treated me with any kind of decency. Long story - am going to forget that they ever existed in my life. Too many other things for me to think about.

I'm going to see a very special person in a couple of weeks. One of my friends that I found while getting my business started again is Barb from Plum Pudding Needlearts. She is one of the most down to earth people I know and she's invited my friend Jeanne and I to come to CT to visit her. I can't wait to get away from the house even if it's only for a few days. My SIL Millie and Julie are going to be taking care of Jim - just enough time to recharge my batteries so to speak. I'm sure they'll do fine with everything.

I guess that's all for now - wish I had better news - but alas, this wonderful boy that I knew is no longer. He will always be there in my heart.

No comments: