Monday, September 3, 2007

It's Monday and I thought today was Sunday

Ah well, that's my life in a nutshell. Never knowing what day it is. I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night almost in a sweat, not knowing what day it is. Now for some, that's fine, but I have this thing about knowing what day it is, what the date is, and where I am. Jim and I went to the lake this past Friday - and I woke up on Saturday morning not knowing where I was. DUH - it was me who wanted to go.

Today I thought it was Sunday all day, even though I went to a lovely picnic yesterday and I knew it was Sunday. It wasn't until the TV came on this afternoon and Oprah was on that I realized that today wasn't Sunday, but Monday. Since I have to start working again on Wednesday, maybe this is my way of telling myself that I don't want to go back to work, which is very far from the truth. I am one of those people who likes to work, and take on the challenges that every day brings taking kids back and forth to school, and since I drive the special needs children, this too is a challenge.

I have been stitching Quackworth Sampler from Ink Circles and loving every stitch of it. I am doing it with Wildflowers floss in the Spice color and it's amazing how much is done already. I started it on either Monday or Tuesday of last week and I'm already almost half finished. I can't believe that it has held my attention this long.

Julie leaves for SC on Wednesday - she'll be gone for a week and a half, so this means I'll be having to stay home at night with Jim unless I can get him to go out with me if I do indeed need to go out. I'll probably be so tired that I'll stay in too.

Nothing much else to chat about - will post again in a few days.

No comments: