Monday, August 6, 2007

MONDAY, MONDAY

Well, it's raining - finally - and it would be such a nice day to be in, but alas I have to take the little munchkins today to the Strong Museum - a wonderful place for them to play - but for me, BORING. I've been there at least six times in the past two years, and the only thing that holds my attention is the butterfly exhibit.

We went to Felicia's memorial service on Saturday - not a dry eye in the house. We drove up to a bagpiper playing and that started me crying. How sad. She wrote the eulogy herself, wanted to thank everyone who was there for being in her life. If she only knew how important SHE was to us. Her sister and brother got up to talk about her, and what a wonderful sister she was. She had such an unhappy childhood, and was actually glad to reach adulthood. Then when it was over, the bagpipes started again. It was so poignant. She will be missed terribly. Her husband seems to be doing pretty good and he had family around him the last couple of weeks, so I think it'll hit him hard when he realizes that she isn't coming home this time. I'll call him every few days, and have his father call him too.

I have been working on ornaments for the group - have finished three already and am going to start another today. Then next week I can go to the local quilt shop and pick up some fat quarters that are on sale for $1.00 each. I can definitely go crazy with the fat quarters for the finishing of the ornaments. Hopefully everyone will finish theirs differently, and I can put up a small tree this year for Christmas - we haven't had a tree in years.

Am going to be starting another job the early part of September. I'm going to be typing for one of the labs, doing gross pathology reports - not gross like yuck - but the first report to go to the pathologist. It's only for a couple of hours a night, so should do OK.

I guess that's about it for today - have to get ready to take those little monsters.

No comments: