Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BACK FROM RETREAT

Oh it's good to be home, but oh so sad that the retreat is over and all of my friends are now in their respective states safe and sound. What a wonderful time we all had.

We all met on Thursday (the gals flying in definitely had the advantage) and one gal, Elaine, and her hubby Sam drove from Wisconsin. Jeanne, Janice and I got in about 5 pm, and I guess I'd forgotten all the time wasted in having to cross the border into/outof Canada. BUT once we got there, the party began and didn't stop until we had to leave on Sunday morning.

We had gifts to give, four of the designers that I purchase items from gave us charts; Ink Circles, Plum Pudding Needlearts, and Blue Ribbon Designs, and the one from Blue Ribbon was signed by the designer, and then Dinky Designs not only gave us her OOP chart from last year but also the silks to go with it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. One gal couldn't come as her parents are very ill, but I did send home the charts to Florida for her with another of the stitcher friends. Thank you Sandy for doing this.

We also had wonderful Cranberry Salsa provided by Elaine and I managed to bring home six of the jars - those will be hoarded for special occasions.

We also managed to go to Stitches n Things new store -which is smaller than the other shop that Deb had, but this one seems to be more manageable for her and she seems happier than the last time I saw her. A few of the other gals went to The Rocking Horse shop about an hour from Frankenmuth, but Jeanne and I decided to go and visit the Outlet Mall right outside the hotel (actually down the street a bit) and did a little damage there. It takes time to look for 'cute shoes', right Jeanne????? Two of the gals went to a yarn store where Sue takes lessons for her knitting and Kristin came home with awesome yarn in colors galore. Just feeling the yarn was enough to make me want to learn to knit, but I doubt that I could be as good as the others, so will stick with my cross stitch.

I am so looking forward to going next year, and we've got four possibilities for the retreat - Denver, Ocean City, Osage, IA, and Sarasota - I don't actually care where we go, it's the getting together that is the most important. BUT I'd like to be able to fly this time around.

Enough for now - will write later.

No comments: