Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday

Good morning to everyone. It's now 7 a.m. and I'm up early again today - even though I don't have to work. Awoke about 6:30 and took out the animals for their potty break.

Yesterday was a fun day - went grocery shopping, yippee. I spend between $300-400 a month on groceries, and can't believe it. We don't eat boxed items as I think it is healthier to cook from scratch and I enjoy cooking. BUT when it costs that much, it might be easier to go out for a few meals a week. Anyway - went yesterday and only managed to spend about $125.00 - and I took a shopping list. I usually don't do that, and I end up with two or three of something instead of one of the item I really needed.

It is so quiet here in the morning, so serene, most of the time anyway. Occasionally one of the cats, either Zsa Zsa or Ms. Toots or even their mother, Sophie, are running around, but in the morning when they first get their food, it's all my world. Jim is still sleeping and I hear the quiet if that makes any sense.

Jim has an appointment for the CT scan this morning, so that means that he'll be a bear this afternoon. Nothing to eat or drink for two hours before the scan, he can have a light breakfast, but with the diabetes, that means his blood sugar will drop this afternoon and I'll have to feed him quickly and get the blood sugar up. When that happens, one of two things can happen; either he'll hang his head and need OJ quickly, or he'll become one of the nastiest people in the world - hopefully it'll be the first and I won't have to deal with a grizzly bear. Glad that I can take care of him though.

That's about it for this morning - wish me luck this afternoon with him, and take care.

No comments: