Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A worrisome Wednesday

Good evening. Didn't post anything yesterday - was so tired that I couldn't think straight, but tonight I'm doing better.

Jim had his CT on Monday, and thank the Lord, everything was fine. They found absolutely nothing, which we both were worried about. I guess it is just muscle that has gone astray. Tylenol is keeping it in check.

I worked today again and took the kids to the zoo - and for a City the size of Rochester, we should be ashamed of our zoo. It is dirty, the animals are so bored they are doing nothing but sleeping, and they have the audacity of charging $8.00 for the privilege of going in to see this. We are only approximately 50 miles from Buffalo, and their zoo is wonderful.

When I got home, there was a message from Jim's ex-wife's cousin that he wanted to come over to see Jim. This other Jim had had kidney cancer, had a kidney removed and also had cardiac bypass surgery. Turns out he goes to some of the same MD's that my Jim does and had a lot to talk about. While they were talking one of the chats was about my husband's daughter in law Felicia who has been battling breast cancer. Now she has metastatic lesions to her brain - and is getting radiation for the mets. I wish I could take away her pain, this has got to be something horrific that she is going through. We don't hear from them often, Jim is not close to his children (who actually are not children any longer). I can only hope that the radiation works and she has a long life ahead of her.

Nothing going on new with me - getting ready for the retreat next week in Frankenmuth, MI and I am psyched about that. Haven't been anywhere in such a long time, so am going to just forget what is going on here. Julie is going to be taking care of Jim for me and I know she'll do fine.

That's about it for now. TTYL.

No comments: