Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Sad Sunday

This is such a hard thing to have to write and think about today. I lost my dear daughter-in-law (Jim's son Jim's wife) Felicia to inflammatory breast cancer and metastatic lesions to the brain. She put up a very good fight right to the end, having 6 of 9 radiation treatments to her brain before she succumed to the breast cancer. She will certainly be missed, but I know that God has a better plan for her in heaven. She was one of those special people, always doing something different and always having something good to say about someone, even if she was thinking something else.

I didn't know her very well, and I doubt that too many people knew her in the way some people have best friends. I just found out today that she embraced Buddism in her last months, and I'm sure that the people who opened Heaven's gates for her were monks. She was that type of person.

I am writing to ask all who read this message today to go and have a mammogram and also to not stop questioning your MD if there is a problem. Not many MD's are aware of the inflammatory breast cancer and diagnose it as some kind of infection, and while I don't know that much about it, there are areas to go and look, and find an MD who does know about this terrible and horrific disease.

I will know more in the coming days about what else was going on with her and when I find out will let you all know.

1 comment:

whymommy said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. IBC is a terrible, dreadful disease, and it is incredibly hard to beat it.

My prayers are with you.